May 8, 2010

GOP Wingnuts Applaud a Guy for Calling President Obama a 'Domestic Enemy'


Eric Cantor (R-VA) gave a speech earlier this week to a group at the Heritage Foundation. He got the audience so foamed at the mouth that one unidentified attendee stood up at the event to ask Cantor why Obama should not be considered a “domestic enemy”:






QUESTION: My question is – and this is something I personally don’t understand – if it’s a naïve question then I apologize: in light of what Obama has done to leave us vulnerable, to cut defense spending, to make us vulnerable to outside enemies, and to slight our allies, how (pause) – what would he have to do differently to be defined as a domestic enemy? (applause and laughter)


CANTOR: Listen, let me respond very forthright to that: you know, no one thinks the President is a domestic enemy. (boos)
I wanted to give Cantor credit for his clear answer ... however, I noticed that Cantor smiled before responding to the question. And I suspect that the content from Cantor's speech gave the courage to this person to ask the question in the first place.

What kind of country are we living in that our nation's leader can be called a 'domestic enemy' by our own citizens?

No comments: