September 9, 2009

Apology from Rep. Joe Wilson ... Latest South Carolina Republican Unable to Control Himself


It stunned me to hear someone heckling the president during his speech before the joint session of congress. However, once I learned that the heckler was Rep. Joe Wilson (R-SC) ... I was less surprised. After all, it is evident that Republicans in South Carolina have a difficult time controlling themselves. Self-restraint isn't high for governors or congressional representatives from South Carolina.

Here is the video for those that missed the moment...




I guess that Rep. Wilson thought that he was at a Republican town hall meeting. A number of his colleagues, including Sen. John McCain, disowned him for his actions. As a result, he issued the following apology tonight:

"This evening, I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the president's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill," the statement said. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."
I hope that Rep. Wilson pays a political price for his disrespect of the President. What say u?

7 comments:

SjP said...

Some folks just don't know what to let come out of their mouth; and Joe Wilson is obviously one of them. I just can't believe that he actually had the nerve to call the POTUS a liar. The blogsphere is buzzing with this latest, and so have I

Unknown said...

Sojourner - President Obama truly was the right choice for our nation ... now if only congress would get busy doing what's right on this health care reform...

Unknown said...

OneChele - My 9-year old son has more manners than Rep. Joe Wilson. I hope that he gets censured by Congress for his outburst. I agree that he set back things for Republicans on this health care debate...

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog said...

If they call our president a liar in a public forum, one can only imagine what they call him in private conversations among good ole white boys over a drink.

Is there any wonder President Obama gets 30 death threats a day?

Unknown said...

MacDaddy - I hadn't thought of it that way ... but, you're right. The level of disrespect for the office of the presidency and for the President Obama by some of these right-wing wackos is truly a disturbing trends...

Anonymous said...

That fool may have helped Obama more than he knows...

Unknown said...

Keith - I think you're right. If nothing else, it is obliterating any pro-Republican message on the day after the speech. All attention is focused on Joe Lewis ... and it seems that Gov. Sanford may have a press conference this afternoon. Is he going to resign?