February 11, 2009

I Hope You Can Handle It is 1,600th Black-owned Blog in Our Rankings

Villagers, I am proud to introduce you to the 1,600th blog on our Black Blog Rankings. RockNRollSista is a young nubian with a powerful voice in the afrosphere. She created her blog, I Hope You Can Handle It, in November 2007 and it is now BBR #1215.

Her blogger profile says:
'I was raised in what some call the ghetto but I grew into a serious hardcore metalhead. (Oh yeah and in case I didn't mention this...I am Black.) I am an exception to the rule and not that different from any other Black woman in this world. When I am not rocking out and killin' it in the pit, I keep track of politics and what is going on in the world.'
Some folks talk the talk. It is my opinion that RockNRollSista is a blogger that walks the walk. Check out what she wrote in her second blog post back in December 2007:
'I am still a virgin and it seems as though people think that there is something wrong with me. Maybe that is because I am 23. I made it 23 years without having sex ... I do like many guys but I know one day the right man will come. Until that day I will wait and no I do not believe that anyone dries up without sex either.'
Not many of the other 1,599 blogs in the BBR are quite this blunt about life! Anyhow, take a moment and surprise this young sista with a visit to her blog. Leave her a comment. You know how we roll!

9 comments:

Monica Roberts said...

1600....congrats villager for another BBR milestone

Maybe 2000 before the end of the year?

Unknown said...

Monica - I suppose that I should set a goal for 12/31/2009. 2,000 may be high ... that would mean adding about 10 new Black blogs per week and they aren't coming into my sight at that rate any longer. I'll need to think of it...

D.J. said...

How do you join the afrospear? Do you have to be invited?

Unknown said...

DJ - First, you need to look through the AfroSpear blogroll and find someone from the membership that will serve as your nominating member. Second, you respond to the six questions in the online blogger-application found when you join our Google-Group -- http://groups.google.com/group/the-afrosphere

LISA VAZQUEZ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hi there!

Thank you for mentioning this new blogger!! (She's new to me! *smiles*) It is an honor for her to be recognized as 1,600!! I will be sure to drop by her place and give congrats!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Unknown said...

Lisa - Nice to see your village voice! I 'spose that I am developing a niche or a reputation for sharing information about the growing number of nubian bloggers in the afrosphere. I'm glad that you approve ... and more glad to hear that you are going to visit the young sista on her blog!

Ether Blade said...

Thank you for the honor. I am proud to be number 1600.

Unknown said...

RockNRollSista - I haven't been by your blog in quite awhile. I'm heading there right after I post this comment!